Thursday, November 13, 2008

It's been a while...

Just this morning, I found myself flipping through old journals from high school and I came across two things I thought about posting. One was this song/poem/something I wrote that I have to say is pretty tragic, hence the title "My Broken Pieces". Not sure I am ready to bear my high school soul just yet. Maybe another time. Then, I came across something I had copied into my journal. It is C.S. Lewis' Lessons of Leadership. There is so much ridiculous material out there about how to be a good leader, but this stuff strikes me a little differently. I will share it with you.

*A leader is one who values clear thinking and the ongoing process of self-education.
*A leader puts high value on building meaningful friendships with those who can help him see beyond his own limitations.
*A leader values the insights of wise men and women who have gone before him.
*A leader is one who allows his creativity to help him see old truths in a new way.
*A leader knows that pain has much to teach us and that times of struggle are usually pregnant with insights for his life.
*A leader recognizes the danger of pride and the power of a humble spirit.
*A leader knows the power of well-chosen words to influence the mind and move the heart.
*A leader refuses to lead his life based on the changeable state of his emotions.
*A leader understands the value of humor.
*A leader enjoys life's pleasures without allowing himself to be ruled by them.
*A leader recognizes his own sinful nature and the human propensity of self-deception.
*A leader lives his life in the light of eternity.

Just something to think about.

In other newsssssssss:

BUBS is BALLER! Belmont Girls won their conference tourney and are playing in the NCAA tourney tomorrow for the first time!

No worries blog readers (all 5 of you), we will be posting another video soon with more special guests too come! Click here for the trailer.

peace.love.womensconference08.

krater

1 comment:

Isaiah Kallman said...

I'm going to be gone until the end of the month. So high five Elizabeth for me.